Our Elementary Principals
Mr. Patrick Zuccala
On behalf of the staff at Chikaming and Three Oaks Elementary Schools, I am happy to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. Here are just a few things about me for those of you who do not know me yet or may be new to our district this year.
9 years as a classroom teacher, 4th year as Elementary Principal
Bachelor’s Degree: Central Michigan University
Elementary Ed (K-8 Certification)
Major: Language Arts Minor: Geography
Master’s Degree: Western Michigan University
Educational Leadership (K-12 Principal Certification)
Previously taught 1st and 4th grade at Countryside Academy
Previously taught 5th and 4th grade at Three Oaks Elementary
Coached MS football, Varsity football, Varsity baseball
Originally from Chelsea, MI
Currently lives in Stevensville, MI with wife Leann and dog Winston. We are expecting our first child, a girl in February 2022
Enjoys fishing, kayaking, grilling, golf and all things Pittsburgh sports
We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and pursue secondary education opportunities
Please consider joining our school volunteer program/PTO organization as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 269-756-9050 ext. 1601 or at email@example.com.
It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to academics and appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. Please feel free to review the River Valley Elementary K-5th Grade Handbook which will be included in your back-to-school packet. The wonderful TOE staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to a great school year!
Mrs. Lacy Payne
Assistant Elementary Principal